Monday, October 21, 2013

UCLA Day at the LA Fair

When the LA fair was running, UCLA offered free admission and $10 for guests to attend the fair. Cameron had the night off last minute, and I was already going with some of my cohort, so we all hoofed out to Pomona, CA, which is about an hour drive away (we carpooled, which I try to do as much as possible). I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I got to the fair, maybe something different from the NC State fairs I usually go to every year or so. It really wasn't that much different.

They had this cool gondola ride to see the fair from above!


So many ribs!

There was a truck that pulled this trailer with a live band on it. Cool idea, not so good for traffic.

My favorite part of the fair was the petting zoo, though the book exhibit was a fun second. You know you're from the country when you hear someone say, "What is that? Is that a cow?" and you don't know how to react to that question (and yes, I did overhear that). I always like looking at the animals, and there were a bunch of piglets! No llamas though. I feel like every fair needs at least one llama.

Babies!

Snack time!

Their tails were a-wagging and it was definitely super cute!

The book exhibit wasn't really about physical books, more so about what kids thought when reading them. They had some cool displays around; I liked their Wizard of Oz one.



I loved this!



I left the fair sans funnel cake, a decision I still regret to this day. Always get a funnel cake! There were a few food trucks at the fair and Cam and I ate at one called Calbi- a Korean fusion truck. My tacos were ok, but I think Cameron liked his burrito a lot. You live and learn with these food trucks for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment