Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Food in LA 2.0

I've realized that many of the places that I thought I posted about, I haven't. So, as a result, here's a HUGE post about places we've eaten at in the past six months or so. Some have been frequent repeats Fat Sal's, Blockhead's Shavery and some were one-offs. But it's definitely an exploration! We've been to a bunch of other places, but no photos were taken. Memorable recent places include The Park's Finest- Filipino/American fusion BBQ; Connie and Ted's Seafood- a taste of New England in LA! They had great chowder (or chowda as they say); 800 Degrees & Pitfire- individual gourmet pizza places (there's another one close to us that is double the price of 800 Degrees and Pitfire, and not as great to me).

Lobos Truck- I was not impressed. Cameron likes their sides.


Steel City Truck- Cameron was a fan. Coleslaw on a sammy? No thanks.



Corn Truck- Can't go wrong with spicy/cheesy corn on the cob!


Fluff Ice Truck/Store- Cute, but I like Blockheads better. Cameron attests that the truck is better than the storefront.





Blockhead's Shavery- I may be addicted. Cameron thinks so. They have a larger storefront in East LA- I cannot express the joy this discovery gave me.



Public School 310- Everything in this bar/restaurant is school themed! Tres cute!



TLT Food- Strangely addicting. They were one of the winners for Food Truck Wars or something and got this store front. It is very bright green, but then again TLT stands for "The Lime Truck."






Cafe Bene- A very cute cafe in KTown. I definitely enjoyed the coffee better than the waffles :[



Umami Burger- More hype than Cameron and I thought it deserved.




Fat Sal's- DELICIOUS GOODNESS. I have not veered from the "Fat Buffalo" since I got it… To give you an idea, this "Fat" sandwich is a hoagie stuffed with chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, french fries, cheddar cheese and topped with buffalo sauce and bleu cheese dressing. There are days when I can finish it, and days where Cameron has a late night snack. We agree this is the best one on the menu (C has tried a significantly higher amount of sandwiches on the menu than I…at two).


Hot Dog on a Stick- Gotta have a CA classic




The Beignet Truck- A dream realized!  Still need to try these at the source in ole New Orleans.



Kogi- A LA Institution

Bruxie Waffles- This made me miss Dame's Chicken and Waffles in NC.


Rice Balls of Fury- Not as good as I was hoping.



It's Pho- So tasty! And so close to home





No comments:

Post a Comment