Wednesday, April 2, 2014

California Adventure

One of my high school buddies came down to LA over President's Day weekend. It was a nice reprieve from school to do fun things for the weekend. Chris had never been to LA before and he came on a pretty nice weekend weather wise- mid 70s and sunny. We poked around Venice Beach and Santa Monica the first day and went to California Adventure at Disney Land the second.

The last time I went to California Adventure was in 2011, and now that I've been to both Disney Land and California Adventure recently, I have to say that California Adventure is by far my favorite of the two. California Adventure is more of a "traditional" theme park in that there are more thrill rides and less "story" rides like you'd get at Disney Land. The fun part of California Adventure is that all the areas are themed around real places in California- they even have buildings named after places that you can see in real life! I could have sworn they used to have a small Golden Gate Bridge and the letters of California outside of the park (well, I know they had the letters because there's a picture of me in one from 2009), but I didn't see them this time around. My friend is a big Disney park fan; he originally asked to go to Disney Land, but I suggested California Adventure since he was going to Disney World in a few months with his class (he's an English teacher) and California Adventure can only be found in Anaheim!

I really enjoyed myself and I think Chris did as well too. I did snag the Monster's Inc Sully zip up hoodie that I had passed on last time we went to Disney Land (and I regretted) and some other fun things since no one was there to judge :]













I love Chris' funny faces when he knows where the camera is on the rides!


Look who I saw!


I absolutely loved Cars Land. It was incredibly well done and looked like you had stepped into the movie!




One of my favorite rides!










Beginning of World of Color. Never disappoints!















No comments:

Post a Comment