Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving from Disneyland!

Cameron's sister, Lauren, visited us over the Thanksgiving Break; instead of doing a Thanksgiving dinner, I suggested we head to Disneyland instead. A few people from my cohort were already going, and it seemed like a better tradition to start than trying to squeeze a turkey and all the fixings into our small kitchen.

I have been to Disneyland many times from visiting family and friends here, but never for the holidays, and boy, were the decorations fantastic! Cameron and Lauren got their first taste of Disneyland, and I think it was an overall success. We did a half day at the park so Gambit wasn't left alone all day. We got there at 3pm (after eating a very festive lunch at Del Taco) and came home at around 12am. Talk about tiring! We got to ride most of the rides we wanted to and saw the sights.

If my memory serves me right, I think that I prefer California Adventure, which is a California themed park right across the walkway from Disneyland (Disney owns California Adventure). I think there are more "thrill" rides than Disneyland, which has more story-themed rides. Laura, one of the girls from my cohort, brought up a good point that if you ride the rides without having seen the movies or knowing the stories, the rides would make no sense. For example, in the Snow White ride, you only see Snow White once! My favorite I would have to say is the Peter Pan ride. You get to "soar" over Neverland and it's surrounded by stars. So pretty!

I almost made a fun purchase, but convinced myself that I didn't need it. It was a Sully zip-up hoodie from Monster's Inc. It was blue and purple spotted and the hood had Sully's horns, teeth, and eyes. So cute! It's a kid's sweatshirt, but I could squeeze into a XL (although the sleeves were too short).
Disney Christmas Trees!
Sleeping Beauty's Castle with Winter Decorations
Entrance of Tomorrowland
Iron Man Exhibit!


Lanterns about Teacups. By far my favorite ride to look at!
What a lucky shot! 





The King Arthur Carousel
Peter Pan Ride--It's Big Ben!



These were the bathroom doors in Fantasyland. Disney doesn't leave anything boring! 
Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Sleeping Beauty's Castle Extreme!
New Orleans Quarter
It's A Small World ride
The purchase I didn't make and regret to this day :[ 


No comments:

Post a Comment