Monday, August 12, 2013

Venice Beach

Now, I am pretty sure what sold Cameron on moving to Los Angeles is Venice Beach (though I've never asked, so this is an educated guess). It's a hop, skip, and a jump away from Santa Monica (my favorite area), but has a more artsy and quirky vibe than Santa Monica. We took Will to Venice on the last night he was staying in LA with us, and walked on the boardwalk and had dinner and drinks there.

Venice definitely has quite a few characters you can find there. The boardwalk has a lot of tourist shops, but also a bunch of street vendors who sell whatever they can to the tourists (or locals) walking on the boardwalk. In March, Cameron and I stumbled on the skate park that was mesmerizing to watch. Some of those kids have way more foot-eye coordination than I can ever dream of. We didn't stop this time at the skate park, but just walked around at probably the perfect time of day and had dinner right on the boardwalk.




I saw this last time, but failed to take a picture of it, but made sure to get one this time. Someone made TRANSFORMERS.

Here's the sunset at Venice. So pretty!


 Photo cred to Will on the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment